rionafaith

Connie Willis
Lonely Planet: Southeast Asia on a shoestring
China Williams, Greg Bloom, Celeste Brash, Andrew Burke
Fodor's See It Thailand 2008
Fodor's Travel Publications Inc.
Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn Holy shit. I haven't read a book this suspenseful in a really long time. The very definition of a page turner. When I got to the end, it felt like I had just gotten punched in the gut.

It's hard to summarize this one without spoilers, so I'm not even going to try this time. Just look at the publisher's synopsis up at the top. It won't really tell you much, but hopefully it will tease you enough to pick this one up.

Because you really should pick it up. I'm always a little wary of the flavor-of-the-month bestsellers, but [b:Gone Girl|8442457|Gone Girl|Gillian Flynn|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1339602131s/8442457.jpg|13306276] didn't disappoint. It's dark and twisted and smart. Gillian Flynn is a master of pacing, weaving a story that's full of unpredictable twists that somehow never seems contrived. The characters are so hateful that they swing around and almost become likeable again--you have to admire their calculating brilliance, at least.

I've already placed holds at the library for her two other books--both e-book and hardcover versions, so I can grab whichever is available first. That's how impatient I am to read more like this.