rionafaith

Connie Willis
Lonely Planet: Southeast Asia on a shoestring
China Williams, Greg Bloom, Celeste Brash, Andrew Burke
Fodor's See It Thailand 2008
Fodor's Travel Publications Inc.
Red Seas Under Red Skies (Gentleman Bastard, #2) - Scott Lynch All in all, this is a pretty excellent follow-up to The Lies of Locke Lamora. It's got confidence games, knock-down drag-out alley fights, and witty banter just like the first book, but this time there are also pirates. Fucking pirates, man. And Locke and Jean have no idea what the fuck they're doing, but damned if they're not going to keep trying to be richer and cleverer than anyone else. Even if it means being used as assassins and double agents while trying to pull off a near impossible heist.

There are some great new characters in this one, which is good since Lynch basically killed everyone off in the last book. I appreciated that both the pirate captain and her first mate were women -- awesome, badass pirate bitches. But when in the hell do we get to meet Sabetha? Is this just going to be a long-running gag, with characters mentioning her in every book but the readers never getting to see her or even find out why the hell Locke is so obsessed? Please no. I fully expect her to make an appearance in the next book, okay Mr. Lynch?