rionafaith

Connie Willis
Lonely Planet: Southeast Asia on a shoestring
China Williams, Greg Bloom, Celeste Brash, Andrew Burke
Fodor's See It Thailand 2008
Fodor's Travel Publications Inc.
Changeless (Parasol Protectorate, #2) - Gail Carriger I was in the mood for something light and fun and this was available from the library as an ebook, so I thought I'd check in with Alexia Tarabotti in this second installment of The Parasol Protectorate series. Actually, she's Lady Alexia Maccon of Woolsey now, having married werewolf Alpha Conall Maccon at the end of book one. There is less romance in this one, and almost no awful sex scenes, so I may even have enjoyed it a little more than the first book. We also get introduced to a great new character in the enigmatic, Victorian-butch inventor and milliner Madame Genevieve Lefoux. Not high literature, certainly, but it was good escape reading for a busy subway commute. Judging by the semi-cliffhanger ending, the next one should prove interesting as well.

One question though: Where the hell were Ivy and Felicity during the final dinner scene when Lord Maccon bites and turns his great-granddaughter? I find it impossible to believe that they were at dinner and didn't do/say anything - seriously, Alexia of all people faints, but the two of them are fine? But I also don't remember any explanation about why they aren't at dinner, and just not showing up to dinner when you're a guest in someone's home does not seem like proper Victorian etiquette to me. I smell a plothole.